Product Code: 90P1319
Increase your throughput in select IBM eServer xSeries servers with the next generation of high-speed Ultra320 SCSI hard disk drives (HDDs), now with the new Ultra-Slim tray form factor. Ultra320 SCSI drives provide top-of-the-line performance for business-critical, disk-intensive applications such as e-business, transaction processing, data mining and data warehousing. Ultra320 SCSI technology combines interface data transfer rates of up to 320MBps, reduced overhead and enhanced flow control to help deliver dramatic performance gains. This HDD option provides a high-performance, wide bandwidth data path to provide high levels of performance. And at 15,000rpm spindle speeds, these are IBM's highest-performing HDDs. Improved diagnostics and data protection, as well as hot-swap capabilities with direct docking, help reduce downtime. For even greater reliability, you can create high-perfomance RAID arrays. Simply connect your drives to either an onboard Ultra320 SCSI controller with integrated mirroring capabilities or an IBM ServeRAID-6M Controller, available on select xSeries servers.
Features and Benefits:
• New Ultra-Slim tray form factor allows maximum installations in supported xSeries servers
• Ultra320 SCSI interface provides wide bandwidth for multi-drive, concurrent, streaming data transfers
• This HDD docks directly into the hot-swap backplane of supported Ultra320-compatible servers.
• 15,000rpm HDDs are IBM's top performing drives
• Predictive Failure Analysis can alert you of a problem before it occurs.