Product Code: 49Y4250
Emulex 10Gb Virtual Fabric Adapter for IBM System x
The Emulex 10Gb Virtual Fabric Adapter for IBM System x is a member of IBM's comprehensive
networking portfolio of 1 Gb and 10 Gb Ethernet adapters and delivers industry-leading performance and scalability per watt, reducing requirements for power and cooling. Protocol offloads enable the efficient use of computing resources and the support of more virtual machines per CPU, and reduce the number of servers required to support data center demands. Furthermore, the capability to use fiber-optic or twin-ax copper cabling allows you to deploy the fabric of your choice.
The Emulex 10Gb Virtual Fabric Adaper for IBM System x is based on the Emulex OneConnect Universal
Converged Network Adapter (UCNA) platform and will include support for Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) as a future feature entitlement upgrade. By using a common infrastructure for Ethernet and SANs, you can reduce capital expense for adapters, switches, and cables; and operational expense for power, cooling, and IT administration.
Features and functions:
- Dual-channel, 10 Gb/s Ethernet link speed;
- 2 SFP+ empty cages to support either SFP+ SR or twin-ax copper connection;
- SFP+ SR link is with SFP+ SR optical module with LC connectors;
- SFP+ twin-ax copper link is with SFP+ direct attached copper module/cable;
- TCIP/IP stateless offloads;
- TCP chimney offload;
- Hardware parity, CRC, ECC, and other advanced error checking;
- PCI-E Gen 2;
- PCI-E small form-factor design (MD-2);
- IPv4/IPv6 TCP, UDP checksum offload;
- VLAN insertion and extraction;
- Support for jumbo frames up to 9000 bytes;
- Preboot eXecutive Environment (PXE) 2.0 network boot support;
- Interrupt coalescing;
- Load balancing and failover support.