Product Code: DW017B
The HP StorageWorks Ultrium 448 Tape Drive based on second generation LTO technology is positioned as the affordable tape backup solution providing mid-range customers with the best mix of features and value today and in the future for protecting data on their mid-range SCSI and Serial Attached SCSI (SAS)-based servers. The Ultrium 448 Tape Drive delivers a compressed storage capacity of 400 GB per data cartridge using LTO 2 media. By doubling the capacity of the current half-height HP Ultrium 232 Tape Drive, customers will now use fewer data cartridges to meet their storage needs, reducing their IT costs and increasing their return on investment. Capable of backing up half a Terabyte of storage in 2.5 hours, the fast performance of the Ultrium 448 is enhanced by HP’s exclusive dynamic data rate matching feature which can match the throughput of the host. The Ultrium 448 Tape Drive is fully read and write compatible with all first and second-generation Ultrium drives and media.
- Value - Affordable tape capacity and performance: HP StorageWorks Ultrium 448 Tape Drive is lower cost and stores up to 400GB of data on a single data cartridge using 2:1 compression for increased performance. Reduces the costs associated with data protection by requiring fewer data cartridges to complete backups.
- Agility - Higher performance: Ultrium 448 Tape Drive 48MB/sec compressed data transfer rate allows customers to fill nearly half a terabyte of storage in 2.5 hours. Performance enhanced by HP’s exclusive dynamic data rate matching feature which can match the throughput of the host – ranging from 8MB/sec to 24MB/sec (native).
- Simplicity - Half-height form factor: The Ultrium 448 Tape Drive has a half-height form factor, allowing for installation into all standard 5.25-inch media bays.
- Value - Investment Protection built in: Each HP Ultrium 448 Tape Drive ships with HP StorageWorks Data Protector Express Software Single Server Edition backup/recovery and the HP StorageWorks Data Protector Express Software Bare Metal Disaster Recovery option.
- Agility - Choice of models: Offering a choice of both SCSI and Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) models. New 3Gb/sec SAS interface allows direct connect to SAS-based servers via embedded SAS controller or SAS Host Bus Adapter.