Product Code: DW065B
The HP StorageWorks Ultrium 232 Tape Drive is the newest LTO1 drive on the market and the fastest in our portfolio. This affordable superdrive delivers enterprise-class backup capacity, performance, and reliability at a midrange price. With a compressed capacity of 200 GB per data cartridge and a compressed data transfer rate of 115 GB per hour, this LTO1 drive is read-and write-compatible with all first-generation Ultrium Tape Drives and media, and its media can be read by any LTO1, 2, or 3 drive from any manufacturer. Despite its low cost, the Ultrium 232’s rugged design delivers excellent reliability and includes many of the advanced features of its bigger siblings. The drive employs data rate matching to adjust to the speed of the host, reducing wear and tear on both the drive and media while increasing performance, particularly on slower systems. The Ultrium 232 supports HP StorageWorks One-Button Disaster Recovery (OBDR), taking the worry out of disaster planning.
- Affordable capacity: HP Ultrium half-height tape drives provide superdrive capacity at a low price, and the fact that these drives use widely available industry-standard media makes their overall cost of ownership even lower.
- Affordable performance: High capacity goes hand-in-hand with high performance. The Ultrium 448 can fill an Ultrium 2 data cartridge with 400 GB of compressed data in 2.5 hours, while the Ultrium 232 can back up 200 GB of compressed data in less than two hours (assuming 2:1 data compression).
- Enterprise-class reliability: The design of HP Ultrium half-height tape drives is leveraged from HP’s outstandingly reliable full-height Ultrium tape drives, incorporating features such as data rate matching, soft load, and simple tape path to make these drives as dependable as their bigger siblings.
- Compact form factor: HP pioneered Ultrium half-height tape drives in 2001, and still makes the only half-height LTO-1 drives on the market. Their compact form factor means these drives fit internally in most servers and take up less space in rack environments.
- Investment protection: HP Ultrium half-height tape drives are fully read-and write-compatible with all Ultrium tape drives from HP and other manufacturers, allowing for flexibility in deployment. And when you choose an HP Ultrium tape drive, you’re buying from the leading manufacturer of LTO tape drives.