Product Code: A7450A
The HP StorageWorks MSA1000 Small Business SAN G2 Kit is the ideal storage consolidation system for a first time implementer of an entry-level Storage Area Network (SAN).
Increase server capacity when internal storage slots are full; Eliminate the need for more servers when you only need storage; Modular design enables expansion from a few disks to the maximum drive count
Ideal for entry-level businesses, departmental, and branch office customers
Simple, affordable, and reliable network storage solutions.
- Flexible: Supports Windows and Linux, both 32- and 64-bit.
- Manageability: Uses an easy Install Wizard designed specifically for this Small Business G2 Kit that fully handles set-up of the array, the HBAs and the switch. Familiar, easy-to-use configuration and management tools like Insight Manager and ACU are also available.
- Performance: Provides performance with dual/active controllers increases up to 40K I/Ops (cache), and throughput of up to 357MB/s.
- Compatible: Compatible with HP’s ProLiant x86 and x64 servers, both Intel and AMD-based, with PCI-E slots.
- Scalable: Supports fourteen 1-inch drives in a 4U rack space. It is easily expanded to 12TB using forty-two 300GB hard drives in 10U of rack space.
- Serviceable: Supports hot plug drives and enclosures, controllers, fans, and power supplies.
- Reliable: Supports the industry's highest level of fault tolerance (RAID 6 with HP's Advanced Data Guarding technology).
- Brings all the efficiencies of consolidated storage to the entry-level customer: modular design allows the user to easily add storage capacity as needed; allows more cost-effective utilization of capacity.
- Designed to reduce the complexity, expense and risk of SAN deployment: Familiar ProLiant tools (Insight Manager, ACU) means easier configuration and management; The MSA1000 Small Business SAN Kit offers all the pieces necessary to ease installation for the first time SMB SAN user, all that needs to be added are drives; Utilizes cost effective enterprise-class U320 drives.
- Scaleable, high performance storage system built with investment protection in mind: Allows capacity growth from as few as two to as many as forty-two enterprise-class U320 SCSI drives for a maximum of 12.6TB; Customer can easily redeploy 1" U320 Universal drives and data from many Smart Array enabled DAS environments; Supports the latest in U320 drive capacity and speeds.