HP PROCURVE RADIO PORT 220 WIRELESS BRIDGE
Product Code: J9005A
- Product Description
The HP ProCurve Radio Port 220, with simultaneous IEEE 802.11a and 802.11g wireless operation, works in conjunction with HP ProCurve Wireless Edge Services xl and zl Modules to deliver advanced wireless services. These services enable a highly secure and resilient wireless LAN that dynamically adapts to the demands of a mobile, multi-service network. With per-radio external diversity antenna support, the ProCurve Radio Port 220 is ideal for wireless LAN installations where expanded wireless coverage or physical device placement requires the use of external antennas.
• Layer 3 radio port adoption: Network-wide adoption and auto-configuration of ProCurve radio ports enable rapid deployment of a wireless LAN with minimal network reconfiguration. ProCurve radio ports traverse Layer 3 networks to locate the designated ProCurve Wireless Edge Services Module using information returned in a DHCP offer or as part of a DNS request.
• Simultaneous IEEE 802.11a and 802.11g radio operation: supports dual-band wireless clients and provides backward compatibility for IEEE 802.11b wireless devices
Resiliency and high availability
• Network self-healing: In the event of a radio port failure, adjacent ProCurve radio ports adjust transmit power and data rates to maintain wireless LAN coverage.
• Choice of IEEE 802.11i, Wi-Fi Protected Access 2 (WPA2), or WPA: locks out unauthorized wireless access by authenticating users prior to granting network access; robust Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) or Temporal Key Integrity Protocol (TKIP) encryption secures the data integrity of the wireless traffic.
Quality of Service (QoS)
• Wi-Fi WMM support: provides QoS functionality in wireless networks by prioritizing wireless traffic from different applications