Product Code: AJ807A
The HP 2000sa G2 Modular Smart Array is a 3 Gb SAS direct attach, external shared storage solution that helps customers easily transition from direct attached to centralized storage. It allows departmental and small to medium businesses customers to grow capacity as demands increase up to 36TB SAS or 120TB SAS MDL or SATA MDL, and supporting up to 64 hosts. With up to 511 LUNs and LUN sizes up to 16 TB, the MSA2000sa G2 gives maximum configuration flexibility. The MSA2000sa G2 allows mixing of enterprise-class, dual-ported SAS drives and archival-class SATA drives, and supports both Large Form Factor and Small Form Factor drives. The optional HP 2000 Modular Smart Array Snapshot Software offers increased data protection. The MSA2000sa G2 can be configured with a single controller for a low initial price with future expansion, or with dual controller for situations that require higher availability and performance for the most demanding entry-level situations.
Easily managed highly affordable storage consolidation
- The HP 2000sa G2 Modular Smart Array delivers low cost, consolidated storage array technology to meet departmental and small to medium businesses requirements matched with the newest SAS, SAS MDL and SATA MDL drives.
- The MSA2000sa G2 arrays offer a choice of drives: high performance enterprise class SAS drives and low cost, high capacity archival class SAS MDL or SATA MDL. Various models comes standard with 12 or 24 drive bays able to simultaneously accommodate 2.5inch or 3.5inch dual-ported SAS and SATA drives.
- The MSA2000sa G2 offers single and dual controller configuration. Build a single controller model for lowest initial investment, or choose a dual controller model for greater data protection. Balance performance with cost by choosing lower cost SAS MDL or SATA drives for archival areas.
Start small and grow in number of supported servers and total capacity
The MSA2000sa G2 array allows customers to grow their storage as demands increase up to 36 TB SAS or 120 TB SAS MDL or SATA MDL, and support up to 64 hosts for iSCSI. The MSA2000sa G2 array can support up to 4 LFF drive enclosures and 60 drives or 3 SFF drive enclosures and a maximum of 99 drives.
- With 511 LUNs, the MSA2000sa G2 has more than sufficient LUNs for storage configuration flexibility.
- All models support the optional HP MSA2000 Snapshot Software which offers controller-based Snapshot and cloning functionality for increased data protection. Controller-based snaps require no host resources being used and they produce space-efficient, copy-on-write Snapshots and clones.
- Reduce risk of IT failure with active/active controllers, dual-ported drives, and redundant hardware components.
Comprehensive data protection in an easily administered shared storage environment
- RAID 0, 1, 3, 5, 6, 10, 50. Redundant hardware with automatic failover resulting in less downtime.
- Reduced time to operation with easy and secure deployment. Reduced risk from operator errors, resulting in less downtime and data loss, while increasing customer satisfaction. Supports customer replaceable hot plug components such as drives, controllers, fans and power supplies.
- The array unit itself only occupies 2U of rack space and includes 12-drive bays. There is no requirement for a special UPS that takes additional space to protect the cache because the protection comes standard within the unit. Each additional drive enclosure also only occupies 2U of rack space.