Product Code: 572213-001
Using HP Virtual Connect FlexFabric 10Gb/24-port Modules is the simplest, most converged and flexible way to connect virtualized server blades to any data or storage network. VC FlexFabric modules eliminate up to 95% of network sprawl at the server edge with one device that converges traffic inside enclosures and directly connects to LANs and SANs. Using Flex-10 technology with Fibre Channel over Ethernet and Accelerated iSCSI, these modules converge traffic over high speed 10 Gb connections to servers with HP FlexFabric Adapters. Each module provides four adjustable connections (three data and one storage or all data) to each 10 Gb server port. You avoid the confusion of traditional and other converged network solutions by eliminating the need for multiple Ethernet and Fibre Channel switches, extension modules, cables and software licenses. Also, Virtual Connect wire-once connection management is built-in, enabling server adds, moves, and replacement in minutes instead of days.
Simplify the Server Edge with 95% Consolidation and Faster Deployment of Network Connections
- The HP Virtual Connect FlexFabric 10Gb/24-port Module cuts 95% of hardware to connect servers to networks: Only two VC FlexFabric modules connect an enclosure of HP server blades to both data and storage networks, eliminating multiple switches, cards, and cables
- Provides 4:1 consolidation of interconnect equipment: Each HP VC FlexFabric module can replace up to three Ethernet and one Fibre Channel switches in an HP BladeSystem enclosure
- Reduces networking TCO at the server edge: Save up to 65% on equipment resulting in more than $1M savings for only 15 enclosures. Save another 40% on power and cooling costs per year
- Simplifies connection management: Wire-once, then add, move and change network connections to 1000's of servers in minutes vs. days from one console without affecting your LAN and SAN
- Virtual Connect (v3.30 and greater) improves network visibility for troubleshooting from a command line interface with secure access for network teams via TACACS+ or RADIUS