Product Code: AJ753A
The HP StorageWorks 2000sa Modular Smart Array (MSA2000sa) is a direct attach, external shared storage solution that helps customers easily transition from direct attached to centralized storage. The ideal customers needing to consolidate their storage include smaller companies with tight budgets and limited IT expertise, or larger companies with perhaps hundreds of smaller departments and remote locations. The MSA2000sa comes standard with twelve drive bays able to simultaneously accommodate 3.5-inch enterprise-class, dual-ported SAS drives and archival-class SATA drives. Additional capacity can easily be added by attaching up to three MSA2000 12-bay drive enclosures. Maximum raw capacity ranges from 5.4 TB SAS or 12 TB SATA in the base cabinet, to over 21.6 TB SAS or 48 TB SATA with the addition of the three drive enclosures. The MSA2000 family of arrays are cost efficient in that there are never additional hidden charges, licenses or fees as you add enclosures, hosts and users.
- Highly efficient consolidation and storage sharing: The HP StorageWorks 2000sa Modular Smart Array delivers low cost, consolidated storage array technology to meet departmental and small to medium businesses requirements matched with the newest SAS and SATA drives.
- Flexibility in drive types and sizes: The MSA2000sa arrays offer a choice of drives: high performance enterprise class SAS drives and low cost, high capacity archival class SATA. Each model comes standard with twelve drive bays able to simultaneously accommodate 3.5-inch dual-ported SAS drives and SATA drives.
- Cost Efficient: The MSA2000sa offers single and dual controller models. Choose a single controller model for lowest initial investment, or choose a dual controller model for greater data protection. Balance performance with cost by choosing lower cost SATA drives for archival areas.
- Grow as storage demands increase: The MSA2000sa array allows customers to grow their storage as demands increase up to 21.6 TB SAS or 48 TB SATA supporting up to 4 hosts for SAS attach. The MSA2000 array family can support up to 3 drive enclosures and 48 drives.
- Supports up to 4 hosts for SAS direct attach: Powerful new controller and 1 GB cache provides support for up to 4 hosts. Latest SAS technology means that the users will have fast and reliable access to their data.
- MSA2000sa supports up to 256 LUNs with sizes up to 16 TB: With 256 LUNs, the MSA2000sa has more than sufficient LUNs for storage configuration flexibility.
- High availability for business continuity: Reduce risk of IT failure with active/active controllers, dual-ported drives, and redundant hardware components.
- Increased level of data protection: All models support the optional HP StorageWorks 2000 Modular Smart Array Snapshot Software which offers controller-based snapshot and cloning functionality for increased data protection. Controller-based snaps require no host resources being used and they produce space-efficient, copy-on-write snapshots and clones.
- Easy to manage and service: Reduced time to operation with easy and secure deployment. Reduced risk from operator errors, resulting in less downtime and data loss, while increasing customer satisfaction. Supports customer replaceable hot plug components such as drives, controllers, fans and power supplies.
- Space-efficient design: The array unit itself only occupies 2U of rack space and includes 12-drive bays. There is no requirement for a special UPS that takes additional space to protect the cache because the protection comes standard within the unit. Each additional drive enclosure also only occupies 2U of rack space.