Product Code: WS-C3550-12G
The Cisco Catalyst® 3550 12G is a member of the Catalyst 3550 Series Intelligent Ethernet Switches, a line of enterprise-class, stackable, multilayer switches that provide high availability, security and quality of service (QoS) to enhance the operation of the network. With a range of Fast Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet configurations, the Catalyst 3550 Series can serve as both a powerful access layer switch for medium enterprise wiring closets and as a backbone switch for mid-sized networks.
For the first time, customers can deploy network-wide intelligent services, such as advanced quality of service (QoS), rate-limiting, Cisco security access control lists, multicast management, and high-performance IP routing-while maintaining the simplicity of traditional LAN switching.
The Catalyst 3550 12G switch provides:
• 10 GBIC-based Gigabit Ethernet ports and 2 10/100/1000 ports
• 1.5 rack unit (RU) stackable, multilayer Gigabit Ethernet switch
• Delivers full dynamic IP routing and intelligent services to the network edge
• Enhanced Multilayer Software Image (EMI) installed
• Ideal for stack aggregation, server aggregation, mini-POP aggregation, or small network cores and backbones